Wow, so its been a little bit since we have updated, but things have been a little crazy. It is amazing how kids change your life. They make you more loving, more caring, and more understanding. But at the same time, they make you more defensive, stronger, and more diligent. I for one know that since having Emma and Savannah in my life, I have changed immensely. I would lay my life on the line for either of these girls. I would fight those who tried to hurt them, and I would go to the ends of the earth to make things happen for them. I am so glad to have them in my life.
Recently we have had some big steps. This past weekend, Savannah had a very big dentist appointment. She got her very first filling. We had Mommy (Shelbi) Daddy (Mike) and Mommy Nikki all in the room when it happened. I laid with her in the dentist's chair and held on to Nanna while Mommy and Daddy and I told her how good she was and what a big girl she was while Mike's Uncle filled her tooth. She did SUPER well! We were all so proud of her. When she came home with us, she was excited to brush her teeth and to floss. Its amazing what kids think. Also this is her first week in VPK - Big girl school.
Another big step was Emma starting Middle School today. I am so proud of her. She did a lot of reading this summer (although most of it under duress!!). Although there were a few hang ups this morning, like the bus being late and Daddy taking her to school, but I am hoping that she learns her schedule, makes new friends, and has some fun at school.
Man these kids are growing entirely too fast!!!
So many things going on with the kids lately, that Mike and I have not done anything for the wedding. (Slackers!!) I think within the next month we will be going to Dubsdread to check out their wedding planner and the site, etc. Also in the next few weeks I will be going with my Mom and my step-mom to try on wedding dresses for the first time! Stay tuned for pictures.
Well, thats it for now! I cannot wait to hear all about Emma's first day of school!!!
You guys do an awesome job with the girls...keep up the excellent work!
ReplyDelete