WOOHOOO!!! Last night we officially ordered the Save-the-Date cards for our wedding. I love Love LOVE that Mike is involved with each little detail concerning the planning of OUR wedding. I have to say, it really makes me appreciate that it is truly OUR wedding, not my wedding, not his wedding, but ours... It also makes me appreciate the women that get stuck planning a wedding alone, although I guess that is how some prefer it... Mike and I pondered and viewed, and reviewed options for the save-the-dates we chose (which are AMAZING if I can say so myself) as well as all the matching invitation stuff, etc etc etc.... It has been a blast in some aspects to be doing these things together, and making these decisions together, it definitely makes the entire wedding process a bonding experience. I will post a picture of the cards when they come in. The nice thing is that we are saving an epic TON of cash not having to use postage. The primary make-up of our wedding guests are our co-workers who have become our closest friends.
Oh, so, last week-ish I met with the gang at The Yum Yum Cupcake kitchen. We will be using Yum Yum for the cupcakes for our wedding. We thought about traditional cake, but then realized that either of us have yet to attend a wedding with a really great tasting cake, AND I hate traditional frosting, and collectively we hate Fondant... Hence, gourmet cupcakes! We are thinking probably 4 flavors, and then a small 6" round cake for us to put our topper on and to save for our anniversary. We will do 'Bride & Groom' muffin size cupcakes for us to 'cut' at the reception. We are SUPER excited, but the hard part is deciding on just 4 flavors!!!
Well, that's all for now! More to come I am sure... this is such an exciting time, and a stressful time as well... we are trying not to let the stress get to us though.
No comments:
Post a Comment